FC SOCCER LEAGUE RULES
A $300 depots is due at the time that you register your team. 50% of the league fee is due 72 hours before your 3rd game. Full league payment is required 72 hours before your 7th game. Failure to do so will result in your team forfeiting games until the payment is received at the time that it is due.
• Each game is 11 vs 11
•The game will start if there is at least 7 players present. In case your team does not have enough players present at the time of the game, you will receive a 15 minute grace period. If after 15 minutes your team does not have sufficient players it will result in a forfeit. The 15 minutes grace period is part of the 45 minute half.
• Games consist of two 45 minutes halves with a 10-minute break in between.
• Each team must present 2 game balls. If your team fails to bring your 2 game balls you will face a $25 fine.
• Every player will be required to register online which will allow us to create team roster for every team. The team roster will be updated on a weekly basis and be sent to the team manager in a printable version that will serve as the team roster to present to the referee.
• Teams will be able to register players up until 4pm on Fridays which will serve as the cut off time to play that given Sunday. Any player that registers after 4pm on Friday WILL NOT be added to the roster. If a player registers after 4pm friday and wants to play that sunday, they will need to pay a $10 roster adjustment fee via the player fee section located in the league menu. The cost off time for that adjustment is 5pm saturday. A player who registers after 5pm saturday will not be able to play on that given sunday, and will have to wait to play until following week once they are added to the roster.
• If a player is under 18 years of age, he will be required to have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian. The player will not be allowed to play until the waiver is turned in. The parent or legal guardian MUST show up the league office to fill out the waiver.
• All teams are allowed to register up to the halfway point of the season and there is no max amount of players a team can have. After the halfway point, each team will be allowed to drop/add up to 6 players max. Each team is allowed to drop 2 players and add 2 players per week. There will be no exception of add-ons after a team uses up their 6 unless there is a serious injury to a player with a valid doctors note. There will be no drops/adds after the final game of the regular season.
• Teams are not allowed to get players from a different team participating in the same division after the registrations have closed
• If a player decides to want to switch teams during the open registration period he must sit out for one week.
• If a player is not one the roster, they will not be allowed to play, no exceptions. It is important that the manager checks the roster no later than saturday to make sure that all players that are registered are accounted for.
Any tampering or modification of the roster by any team manager or player will result in an automatic forfeit and a $200 team fine. If your player IS NOT on the roster he is not allowed to play, (No Exceptions).
Team Roster/Checking in
• Any team that does not present their team roster to the referee before the game will forfeit. If needed, teams are allowed a grace period of 15 minutes but those 15 minutes count towards gameplay. If after 15 minutes the team does not present their team roster they will forfeit the game.
• If your team does forget their team roster, you will be able to create the list on a separate sheet of paper but will owe a $50 fine that MUST be paid 72 hours before your next game. If your team forgets their roster a 2nd time the fine will be $100. Third time will result in $200 fine. This fine must be paid for no later then wednesday at 7pm.
• If you do make a list on a separate sheet of paper, only players with a valid ID will be allowed to play. If one of your players does not have an ID he will not be able to play even if he is registered. ID’s on a phone is not valid.
•It will be mandatory that each player that participates in the game check in with the referee. Prior to the game the referee will ask the each team for the team roster. He will ask each player for their name which should correspond with the picture and name on the roster. The player will then show the referee their number.
• In the scenario that the referee cannot distinguish the players face on the roster for any reason, the referee will be allowed to ask for an i.d to verify the player. If the referee does ask for an i.d then the player must present it, if he doesn’t have it then he will not play.
•Players that do not check in with the referee at the beginning of the game will be required to check in with the referee at halftime to verify that the player is on the roster. Any player that does not get verified by the referee will be considered an ineligible player and the team will forfeit the game.
• The team roster will be emailed to the team manager on a weekly basis. It is your responsibility to let us know if there is any mistakes on it before 5pm on Saturdays so that they can get fixed. It is also your responsibility to let us know if you have any issues receiving the rosters. We can add as many emails to your team list when we send the rosters via email so that you can make sure that someone on your team receives it.
• If your team puts in a player who is not registered or did not register on time, your team will forfeit the game as soon as the referee finds out and the team will receive a $100 fine that must be paid 72 hours prior to your next game. Please don’t cheat and ruin it for both teams, it’s not worth it.
• If your team needs to reschedule a game for any reason you must let the league know a minimum of 15 days in advance. Anything under 15 days cannot be guaranteed.
• If your team forfeits a game due to not having enough players the team will be fined the following amounts.
• 1st game: $100
• 2nd game: $150
• 3rd: You are out of the league
• Game time will start running as listed on the schedule. There will be a 15 minute grace period given to the team who does not have at least 7 players. After 15 minutes the game will be forfeited. As soon as a team has 7 players and they are all checked in the game will begin.
• All teams must have 2 uniforms and the visiting team must change if necessary. If it becomes necessary and the visiting team does not have an alternate uniform they will be forced to forfeit the game.
• Each player on a team must wear the same matching uniform. This includes jersey with a number, shorts, and socks. If a player(s) have different color socks or shorts then the majority of their team they will not be allowed to play until they change into the correct uniforms. Numbers on the jersey also have to be the same color. There is a 3 game grace period for this rule, after the 3rd game, this rule will be strictly enforced.
• Numbers cannot be taped on or drawn on the jerseys.
• Players are not allowed to share jerseys after they have been checked in with the referee. If the referee notices this, any participating players will receive an automatic red card.
Team and Player Ethics
• There will be no fighting and any player or team who participates in a fight will receive a hefty fine and face being banned from the league. The fine will be based on the seriousness of the altercation. This applies fighting with any spectators, opponents, or teammates.
• Any threats made before, during or after a game will result in an automatic red card. If a player is heard by the referee saying that he will intentionally hurt someone he will be ejected from the game and face a 2 game suspension.
• Any player or team manager that is involved in an altercation where he must be sustained from physically assaulting a player, spectator or referee will be automatically suspended for a minimum of 5 games with the possibility of a longer suspension depending on the seriousness of the situation.
• There will be no tolerance for profanity or bullying aimed at opposing players, fans, referees. Doing so will result in an automatic yellow card with a potential for a red card.
• Team managers will be responsible for letting their players and fans know that if they must use the restroom to do so with the bathrooms on site. If any player is seen urinating in public they will receive an automatic red card with a 2 game suspension and a $50 fine. If any supporter/fan of your team is seen urinating in public your team will receive a $50 fine. A second offence from a player or team supporter will result in a $200 fine. A 3rd offence will result with the player or team
being kicked out of the league.
• Each team will be responsible for picking up after themselves. Referees will take note if a team leaves garbage behind which will result in a warning for the first offence, the 2nd time will result in a $150 fine. A 3rd offence will result in the entire team getting kicked out of the league.
• Each team is responsible for controlling their supporters. If there is a fan or a group of fans that are there to watch one of your players, they will be considered as the team’s spectators. During a game, if the referee has to pause the game due to the spectators causing a disturbance, the captain and the team manager will be in charge of controlling the situation. If after 3 minutes the situation does not get fixed the referee will end the game and the team responsible for the stoppage will lose the game.
• If a player receives a red card due to a double yellow he will be allowed to stay and watch the game. If a player receives a red card due to anything besides Category A infractions, the player will be asked to leave the premises and will have 5 minutes to do so. Failure to leave can result in the referee stopping the game and resulting in a loss for the team responsible for the stoppage.
• Referees will be allowed to report any player or team representative who is verbally harassing or threatening them before, during, or after the game.
• Just because your player or players do not receive a red card at the field does not mean that they are not able to get sanctioned for unethical behaviour. Safety is a priority for the league players and referees, and at times referees might feel unsafe to give out a red card to not escalate a situation. If a referee reports a player or team that demonstrated unethical behaviour and didn’t receive a red card at the field, we reserve the right to suspend or fine a player/team if there is sufficient evidence to support the referee’s claims.
• The League has the privilege to use the facilities we provide you. Without the cooperation of each player, fan, and team we risk losing fields and without fields, you can’t play. We ask that you treat all facilities with respect and follow the player ethic rules. Failure to do so will result in fines and possible expulsion from the league.
•Alcohol is permitted on the petaluma turf fields as well as the petaluma luchessi field. It is NOT permitted on any school grounds. If your team has a game scheduled on a school property, please make sure to let your players and supporters know that alcohol and smoking of any kind is prohibited anywhere on the school property, including parking lots.
•Any team who is caught with alcohol or smoking on a school property will be fined $300. All team representatives must let their players and team supporters know that this will be strictly enforced.
• If a player is caught drinking alcohol during a game the player will be given an automatic red card and given a fine of $40.
• In city parks where alcohol is allowed no glass bottles will be allowed. Any team that is seen having glass bottles will be fined $200. A team representative must let their team and team fans know that this will be strictly enforced.
• Your team has the right to appeal any fine, red card, or game situation that they feel is incorrect. In order for this appeal to be considered, you will have until Tuesday 7pm to email your team appeal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each team will have 2 complementary appeals, If you use up your 2 appeals any appeal after that will cost $25 in order to be evaluated.
An appeal that is not turned in on time will not be considered.
• Note: Every appeal will be examined thoroughly with all major parties involved being contacted by Fc Soccer League staff. The outcome to an appeal will be announced to the appealing party within 3 days. There is no guarantee that an appeal will be given in your favor.
• If a player is given a red card his/her punishment will be based off of the FC SOCCER LEAGUE PLAYER FINE pdf that you can download below.
• If given a team fine, it must payed no later then wednesday at 7pm in order for your team to play that weekend. Failing to do so will result in an automatic forfeit. The League will not be responsible for giving you a 2nd notice of your team fine. If your team owes a fine it is your responsibility to take care of it in a timely manner.
• All team representatives will be responsible for sharing the game information to their players and encourage them to check the page for updates, field locations, and any news.
• Mandatory Meetings: The league will hold mandatory meetings in which each team will be responsible to have one representative show up. Failure to have a team representative will result in a $100 fine. If your team does receive a fine it must be paid before your following game to avoid a forfeit.
ALL RULES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED AND EVERY TEAM MANAGER AND LEAGUE PLAYER ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO READ THEM. BY REGISTERING FOR THE LEAGUE YOU AGREE TO FOLLOW ALL OF THE LEAGUE RULES. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE THE PARTICIPATION OF ANY TEAM OR PLAYER WHO FAILS TO ABIDE BY THE RULES.